Re: awstats, how to see in a browser?

On Wednesday 17 February 2021 13:10:23 Thomas Pircher wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> >On Wednesday 17 February 2021 03:03:05 Thomas Pircher wrote:
> >> http://localhost/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
> >
> >Connection refused, awstats.pl isn't there.
>
> Ok, from the output of ss it looks like you are running Apache on port
> 443, so you can try https://localhost/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
>
> It looks like Apache is also running on other ports, but I have no
> idea what protocol they are serving.
>
> >> Further, is that config enabled? Does the symbolic link
> >> /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/awstats.conf exist?
> >
> >No.
>
> You probably need to enable this config with
> a2enconf awstats
>
> and then restart Apache.
>
> >odd place.  Soft link it to the above /var/www/cgi-bin?
>
> No, the config file above will tell Apache where to find the binary.
>
> >So obviously apache2 has zero knowledge of awstats, yet awstats was
> >installed here from the stretch repo's?????
>
> Have a look in /usr/share/doc/awstats/README.Debian.gz this is
> described there.

I'll do that, thanks.

> >In wheezy, all this Just Worked. Running slowly out of hair, but it
> > went grey 20 years back. anyway. :)
>
> It could be worse, they could have fallen out before they had time to
> turn gray.

They are doing that too, darn it. Can't be because they are 86 yo can it?
Heck at my age I don't even buy green banana's.  But the heart mechanics
up at WVU/Ruby looked at their work a month back, sent me home with a
modified script and told me to come back next year for another checkup.
Must have confidence in their work. ;-)

> Thomas

Thanks Thomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett