pulseaudio records too high

Hi,

I have problems recording audio with pulseaudio. Recording volume is
noticeably too high: there is a lot of background noise and my voice on
a loop test sounds completely distorted and too loud.

The problem is I can't change recording volume at all. If I lower
volume, recording volume doesn't change, even if I set it to silence.

I'm experiencing this with Skype and Teams, but it happens with other
apps as well. For instance, a web mic test shows the same problem.

It's been happening since today (probably). Several days ago I was
using the microphone without problems. The only thing I did that may
have to do with it today is installing Bluetooth packages and the
dependencies (and tarball) for SoundWire Server.

Anybody can help, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.