Re: unetbootin

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 01:02:49PM +0300, Semih Ozlem wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to install unetbootin from .bin file and I am getting the
> following error message:
>
> ---------------------
>
> root@debian:/media/user/hd/isos# ./unetbootin-linux64-702.bin
> Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use
> QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
> No protocol specified
> qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
> qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
> though it was found.
> This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
> initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
>
> Available platform plugins are: wayland, xcb.
>
> Aborted
>
> ---------
>
> Any ideas what to do?

If you're using Debian - log out of your Wayland session and restart GNOME
explicitly using X Windows?

Otherwise: sorry, it's not a Debian thing and you'll have to go and ask the
good folk behind unetbootin

Usual suggestions about installing random software from outside Debian on a
Debian system probably still apply

All best,

Andy C.