Re: how to set link/level in wifi configuration?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 at 22:00, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i've solved on my own:
>
> allow-hotplug  wlx502b73d50a69
> iface  wlx502b73d50a69 inet dhcp
> wireless-mode managed
> wireless-essid JHotel
>
> at first, 3rd line is missing, that's cause of trouble
> link/level is around 60 though it uses freq 2412 MHz

Happy Chinese New Year!

Unfortunately, your claimed solution has no effect.
If "3rd line" means this one:
  wireless-mode managed
then that changes nothing, as shown by the
information that you provided a couple of days
ago, see the [***] markers below ...

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 22:37, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> output by ubuntu:
> zhou@zhou-Lenovo:~$ iw dev wlx502b73d50a69 info
> Interface wlx502b73d50a69
[...]
>         ssid JHotel
>         type managed     <<<<<------[***]

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 22:37, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> output by debian:
> root@debian:~# iw dev wlx502b73d50a69 info
> Interface wlx502b73d50a69
[...]
>         ssid JHotel
>         type managed     <<<<<------[***]

Adding "managed" to your configuration has no effect
because "managed" is the default mode of the interface.
"Managed" just means "connect to an access point".
So you changed nothing.

The performance that you see at any particular time will be
affected by many factors:
- other users causing network congestion
- the channel signal level (absorption, multipath, antenna position)
- the channel noise level (other networks and interference)
which are likely not constant.
The "link/level" number tells you how good or bad things are, but
it is affected by so many different factors that it does not
provide reliable evidence for fixing problems.

You asked for help regarding the performance difference
between your Ubuntu and Debian system. We found good
evidence to explain it. Whether you act on that evidence
is up to you.