Re: how to set link/level in wifi configuration?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 at 04:38, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank David! but /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf doesn't exist.

Ok. If /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf doesn't exist, that means
that your computer is using a different program (than my computer does)
to control your WIFI interface.

You need to figure out what that is, and use whatever method it requires
to force the channel change to 2462 MHz.

I am sorry, I cannot help you with that, because I only have ever used
wpa_supplicant and it is the only method I know.

But maybe someone else here can help you, if you tell us what software
you are using in Debian and in Ubuntu to configure your network connection.