Re: Incorrect password Debian 10.8 after installation

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 08:57, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> On 2021-02-09 04:42, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 06:26:22PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:

> >> 2.  How do I insert a tab character with the GRUB editor?  (Pressing <Tab>
> >> causes the editor to attempt command completion.)

> > Why would you want to?

> 1.  Tabs may be required (e.g. make(1)).

> 2.  To exercise my OCD.  ;-)

You seem to be conceptualising the grub editor as a file editor.
It is not a file editor.
Its edits are ephemeral, it has no ability to save any edits made.

It is an interactive tool which allows modifying the next boot by
allowing temporary changes to what grub has just read from the
its configuration file, before proceeding.

In that context, the Tab key is useless so it has been repurposed
to provide command completion.