Allow only selected USB

Hi all,

I know it is very useful that linux auto-detects a USB device when plugged in. However I am trying to build a server which employs deny first rule. That is, I don't want linux kernel to detect any USB device even if plugged in except those listed with a Vendor/device ID in a file (perhaps stored somewhere securely in the server).

Is this possible ? I tried to skim though internet but could not find any useful information except some pages reporting how to disable USB storage.

Please could someone help me with some pointers ?

--
Bhasker C V
Secure Mails: http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D05FEEC54E47413