Re: Incorrect password Debian 10.8 after installation

David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> writes:

> Questions:
>
> 1.  How do I make a copy of a boot entry?  (So that I can edit the
> copy and keep the original.)

In Grub, you don't really need to since changes are not saved. For
permanent changes then in Linux edit the various files in /etc/grub.d
and regenerate /boot/grub/grub.cfg via running update-grub.

> 2.  How do I insert a tab character with the GRUB editor?  (Pressing
> <Tab> causes the editor to attempt command completion.)

I guess you don't? There doesn't seem to be much about the editor's
capabilities in the Grub manual.