Re: Battery drain with poweroff

On 08.02.2021 18:04, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
Hi all,

On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 13:26:12 +0100
Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
Now I need a way to apply it; apparently I need some way to boot
Windows. I hope I will not need to overwrite the complete drive with the
backup image I made.
There is a program named 'flashrom' in Debian, but I don't know how
reliable is it as BIOS flash is quite a dangerous operation. I decided
to risk several years ago on an AMD system with MSI motherboard and was
successful.

Regards,
Marko
It won't help in this case, because BIOS update from Acer is actually a package without plain binary ROM file.
'flashrom' could be used to backup original BIOS to file, before updating, but I doubt it is necessary.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org