Re: Accessing raid from multiple hosts

On 07.02.2021 19:35, john doe wrote:
Debians,

I have a multiboot system (Buster and Stretch),, the raid was configured
on Buster and works well.

now, I need to access that same raid from Stretch.

Has anyone been able to access a raid from multiple hosts, if yes, how
did you do it?

P.S.

Stretch and Buster are not running at the same time.

--
John Doe

Probably you haven't installed "mdadm" package on Stretch.
Also it is generally a good idea to create a configuration file "/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf" [1] on Stretch.
You can use this command to create array configuration string from metadata on disks:
    # mdadm --examine --scan

To check array status:
    # mdadm --detail /dev/md0

[1] $ man 5 mdadm.conf