Re: problem with wget -O

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 06:27:40AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The thing I don't get was that is the direct command from their buildit
> page. You would think that would lead to such a common failure that it
> would be documented.

Nobody should have to guess that the reader has a custom ~/.wgetrc file
with multiple non-default options set to "on".  It is completely unfair
to put the blame for this on the writers of documentation that involves
downloading files.

It would be like... reading a cookbook that tells you how to bake cookies,
but complaining that the cookbook does not take into account that your
oven's temperature control is in Kelvin instead of degrees Fahrenheit.