Re: Installing anbox on Debian 10

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 12:25:56PM -0800, Gary L. Roach wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed anbox on debian.

Yes, a simple "apt install anbox" just did it for me.

> I have tried a couple of different ways starting with the debian
> stable package.

I've needed to do two manual steps:

1) Downloading a blob from https://build.anobox.io.
2) Invoking "service anbox-container-manager restart".

Both were helpfully outlined in README.Debian.

> The debian stable anbox package requires a lot of
> manual installation of support packages.

Does not seem to be the case for me.

> I finally loaded the snap version which at least loaded all of the
> support packaging. Unfortunately, anbox still doesn't work. When I try
> to start anbox I get a white screen with the android logo in the
> middle. The screen disappears after a few seconds and then nothing.

Cannot help you with that. I have a good package manager already
(apt/dpkg) and refuse to use mediocre one (snap).

> On a suggestion I ran "anbox session-manager" which gave me the following:
>
> $ anbox session-manager
> radeon: Failed to get PCI ID, error number -13

$ perl -e 'use POSIX; printf strerror(13)."\n";'
Permission denied

> [ 2021-01-23 21:29:41] [Renderer.cpp:128@initialize] Failed to select EGL configuration

Anbox seems to need EGL/x11 to function. That requires:

1) X
2) An access to /dev/dri/* (see above).
3) libEGL.so.1, from mesa project preferably.

Your setup seems to lack something from this list.

> I have no idea what is wrong. I have had no problems with my Radeon

Anbox works on i965. Just a hint.

Reco