Re: Archivemail

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 11:33:13PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Fri 22 Jan 2021 at 23:22:19 +0000, Mark Fletcher wrote:
>
> > Anyone know what happened to archivemail in Debian?
> >
> > packages.debian.org shows it was in Jessie, Stretch and Buster, but it
> > is in neither sid nor Bullseye which presumably means it has been
> > dropped. Anyone know why?
> >
> > bugs.debian.org doesn't show any bugs against it and google is coming up
> > short too.
>
> It's always a good idea to look at "Developer Information" on a
> package page.
>
> Python2? Python3?

OK deciphering the above for anyone who might follow after me:
archivemail is dependent on Python2 which, it appears, is getting
removed from bullseye (although as of right now it's not gone yet, it's
installed on my system and I didn't ask for it, so something is clearly
still dependent on it)

So what alternatives would people recommend? My use case is for deleting
messages to a local copy of this mailing list after they're a month old,
which I have previously pulled down to my local user ID from my gmail
account with fetchmail.

Mark