Re: Backup debconf state

Le 19/01/2021 à 16:23, Andy Smith a écrit :
Hi Erwan,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 04:09:47PM +0100, Erwan David wrote:
It would be handy to have the state of debconf (with all the
answers I already gave).

I do:

dpkg --get-selections \* > /var/lib/dpkg_selections
debconf-get-selections > /var/lib/debconf_selections

(and then back up those files)

You can restore them with the corresponding --set-selections.

Is a backup of /var/cache debconf sufficient for this ?

I think that stuff lives in /var/lib, but it's better to export it
in a format where it can be re-imported.

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks for the debconf-get-selections.
the dpkg --get-selections is an old command, but I prefer the apt-show manual wich gives only the manually installed packages, installing them will install the dependencies, no problem, but they will be marked as such.