Re: Python 3 wicd

On Ma, 19 ian 21, 02:54:25, Gareth Evans wrote:
> There is apparently a Python 3 fork of wicd (or two) but I can't
> figure out what state they're in - are either of these likely to
> become available in Buster repos?  Backports?

Wicd is currently only available in experimental (according to
https://tracker.debian.org/wicd)[1], while backports can only be done
from packages in testing (currently bullseye).

Considering bullseye is now already in the first stage of the freeze
before release there is little chance for Wicd to be included in
bullseye at all.

After bullseye is released it might become available in
bullseye-backports, maybe also buster-backports-sloppy.

[1] apparently the version in experimental has been ported to Python 3,
since it builds the python3-wicd binary package.

Kind regards,
Andrei