Re: sharing a network connection from debian to non-debian

On Saturday, January 16, 2021 01:28:43 PM Dan Hitt wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 11:57 PM Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
> RH --- thanks for the information about Ubiquiti, i will have to
> investigate it.  I have to be careful with new hardware connected to the
> ancient stuff (as with the UNIfi system).

You're welcome, but I would add two things:

   * I missed the point about your old hardware not working with other routers
that you've tried -- if that is the case, the Ubiquiti might not help
(although there is some visibility into it -- you can log into it and check
and change some settings -- I'm not even sure of all of them

   * I noticed your mention of a "black box" router -- I would point out that
there is (was?) a company named Black Box that makes devices related to
networking -- if they sold a router, I rather strongly suspect you could log
into it and check and change at least some settings