Re: FW: bits from the release team: bullseye freeze started and its architectures

On Jo, 14 ian 21, 10:38:23, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:18:17AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This might be of interest for subscribers of debian-user.
> >
> > Please note the freeze policy link should (obviously) have bullseye in
> > the URL instead of buster.
>
> [...]
>
> Hey, thanks!
>
> What you did is a really nice idea on so many fronts, that
> I just want to thank you for that.
>
> There, had to be said.

/me blushing

One thing I forgot to mention is that this is a good time to start
testing upgrades from buster to bullseye and file reports against the
pseudo-package 'upgrade-reports'.

This could help identify (and hopefully fix) upgrade issues that might
happen only with your particular set of packages.

With a system powerful enough it should be possible to take a snapshot
of your existing system (offline if necessary) and test the upgrade in a
virtual machine ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei