Re: Unity3d apps slow

On Fri, 2021-01-08 at 14:53 +0100, Hans wrote:

> I have an older notebook with a nvidia graphics card (GF 8600M) and
> usinmg the
> proprietrary nvidia driver, which is *-legacy-340xx-*.

So around 2007 - 2010 ?

> Most applications (i.e. games) are running fast with opengl
> acceleration (60
> FPS). But all games made with Unity3d are running very, very slow
> (10FPS).
>
> So my questions, I could not find a solution in the web:
>
> 1. Is this a configuration problem or a hardware issue, that unity is
> so slow?

Hardware issue

> 2. If it is a configuration problem, what do I have to install or to
> configure?
>
> 3. If it is a hardware issue, what hardware do I need, that Unity3d-
> games are
> supported and running smooth?

Depends on what you are trying to run, for newer versions of games such
as Empyrion or 7DTD (both developed betweeen 2013-2021), wich are both
Unity you will need 16Gb memory, something like a NVidia 1660 super or
better and a chip with 8 or more cores and a clock speed around 3.4 Gz
or better. Less code intensive games would require lower specs.

> 4. If none above, can I and if yes, how can I force to run games made
> with
> Unity3d run with opengl?

You can't, the terms mean different things, Unity is a game Engine
while Open GL is a framework to run code on. (Simplistically).