Unity3d apps slow

Dear list,

maybe you can help to answer a question.

I have an older notebook with a nvidia graphics card (GF 8600M) and usinmg the
proprietrary nvidia driver, which is *-legacy-340xx-*.

Most applications (i.e. games) are running fast with opengl acceleration (60
FPS). But all games made with Unity3d are running very, very slow (10FPS).

So my questions, I could not find a solution in the web:

1. Is this a configuration problem or a hardware issue, that unity is so slow?

2. If it is a configuration problem, what do I have to install or to
configure?

3. If it is a hardware issue, what hardware do I need, that Unity3d-games are
supported and running smooth?

4. If none above, can I and if yes, how can I force to run games made with
Unity3d run with opengl?

Thank you for your halp and any answers. Even, if it is not possible to change
speed, evry information let me learn more.

Best regards

Hans