Re: Intermittent problem with integrated webcam / Thinkpad E130/ Stretch

Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> I have installed uvcdynctrl, but I don't know what to make of its output:
>
> $ sudo uvcdynctrl -l
> Listing available devices:
> video0   Integrated Camera: Integrated C
> Media controller device: /dev/media0
> Entity 1: Integrated Camera: Integrated C. Type: 65537, Revision:
> 0, Flags: 1, Group-id: 0, Pads: 1, Links: 0
> Device node
> Entity: 1, Pad 0, Flags: 1
> video1   Integrated Camera: Integrated C
> Media controller device /dev/media1 doesn't exist
> ERROR: Unable to list device entities: Invalid device or device cannot
> be opened. (Code: 5)

and there is again this?
uvcvideo: Failed to resubmit video URB (-19)

can you try unloading uvcvideo and loading it again?

sudo rmmod uvcvideo
sudo modprobe -v uvcvideo

if this does not help - try some live USB distro and check if it works. It
could be anywhere from the hardware/bios through firmware, kernel and udev