Re: mdadm usage

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 11:14:37PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Can someone recommend server or NAS grade (SATA) SSD - a reliable one for
> RAID use?

I suggest checking smartctl values on your existing device to see
how much data you write in a week or so, then convert that to the
matching units (Drive Writes Per Day or TeraBytes Written) shown in
SSD specs so you can work out what you require for however many
years of operation you expect.

Then make sure it has power loss protection.

I would expect any major brand that passes those requirements to be
fine for your use case.

Personally for SATA interface I like Samsung's SM883 or PM883 (3
DWPD vs 1.3 DWPD assuming no over provisioning), but certainly there
are much cheaper options that are still good.

Cheers,
Andy