Re: mdadm usage

Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> writes:

>And what purpose would it serve? IMO it's not a backup unless it's
>stored in a way that's inaccessible to the system its taken from (until
>it's actually needed of course).
>
>Reco
IMHO, there are two levels of backup.  The more common use is to undo
user error - deleting the wrong thing or changing something and wanting
to back out.  For that, backups on the same system are the most
convenient.  And if its on the same system, and you have raid1, you
don't need a separate physical drive.

The second is of course disaster recovery, a very low probability
event - and I backup in the cloud and occasionally on removable media
for that.