Re: May I please have a block cursor in nano?

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

Perhaps what you have to do is to change the shape of your terminal's cursor, and nano inherits it.

Firstly, thanks to ALL of you who took time out on this holiday to answer my (pretty dumb) question!

I'm certain this is one of those things I knew clearly, say, as few years ago as ten, but getting old sucks.

OF COURSE the app looks to the terminal for its cursor policy, and OF COURSE my terminal (mintty running in cygwin -- LONG story) also lacked a block cursor.

Bob B.
--
These are not the droids you are looking for.