Re: adding a disk to a Volume group

On Tuesday, December 22, 2020 10:58:14 PM CET, mick crane wrote:
You mean like RTFM or something ?

indeed, i had something like this in mind... ;)

agreed, the quality of man pages is not, what it used to be back in the day, when i was young, but lvm is old, and hence the man pages provide more useful information than some new wannabe fancy software.

just take some time to read all relevant man pages, and even if they turn out not to be relevant: you might learn a thing or two.

learn! that's my advice to everyone, not just you. copy and paste is NOT the answer! at least not, if you want to understand what you're doing.

a quick look at the man pages got me this:
- pvcreate <partition> to add a partition to a pool of physical volumes

that was not so hard.

greetings...