Re: Pulling free firmware-ath9k-htc into the CD images

John I cant help right now. But for benefit of other readers and myself, I would like to highlight this part of your changelog on the recent release. On wpasupplicant fixes:
NEWS: Due to a bug in wpasupplicant, ath9k_htc devices often failed
  connections using MAC address randomization,
  which is enabled by default
  with NetworkManager. Fixes are available as wpasupplicant updates in
  releases Stretch and later.
  (Resolves: #870159, #895696, #939075, #954457, #954861)