Re: Tiling display support

On 12/18/20 9:55 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
George Shuklin wrote:
I continue to choose hardware carefully, and the next issue (I found a lot
on it) is support for tiling displays. They uses multiple streams inside
DisplayPort to achieve high resolution with high frame rate. It's called MST
(vs classic single SST), and I found few people complaining about issues
with it. All those complains are relatively old (2+ years).

Does someone run desktop with 4k screen and high frame rate (150 fps+)? What
monitor and gpu are you using? Are you having any issues?

There are no 4K 150Hz monitors currently commercially available.

There are some 4K 120Hz monitors, starting at $800 or so.

What is your use case?

-dsr-

Oh, thanks, I've reread specs. It says 'refresh rate up to 240Hz', but for full resolution it's 5120 x 1440 | 60 Hz. There is LG, which promises 3840 x 2160 144Hz. I'll be more careful.

Anyway, my concern is MST support in Linux. Or, can 4k 120Hz fit through a single DP (SST mode)?