Re: Mysterious Clementine dependency on libgcrypt.so.11

On 2020-12-19 at 09:14, Anssi Saari wrote:

> I installed clementine music player today but it refuses to run,
> complaining:
>
> clementine: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11:
>
> Um, well, libgrypt.so.11 hasn't been Debian for a bunch of versions
> and on other Debian 10 systems there's no such dependency so it's a
> problem with my system somehow.

As a start to troubleshooting: where did you install this from? The
Debian archives, or somewhere else?

Which repositories are you tracking? I track testing + stable, and I see:

$ apt-cache policy clementine
clementine:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.4.0~rc1+git347-gfc4cb6fc7+dfsg-1
  Version table:
     1.4.0~rc1+git347-gfc4cb6fc7+dfsg-1 900
        900 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing/main amd64 Packages
     1.3.1+git609-g623a53681+dfsg-1 800
        800 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable/main amd64 Package

I haven't been able to find the dependency chain which would link
clementine to libgcrypt*. However, when I download the package with
'apt-get download clementine' and examine the binary, I get:

$ ldd
clementine_1.4.0~rc1+git347-gfc4cb6fc7+dfsg-1_amd64/usr/bin/clementine |
grep libgcrypt
        libgcrypt.so.20 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.20
(0x00007f5f4b742000)

which matches the libgcrypt* version available in current testing.

At a glance, I'd suspect that you've somehow installed a version of
clementine which doesn't match the Debian version you're running, but I
don't have enough information yet to say beyond that.

--
   The Wanderer