Re: Web-bot tarpit aka spider trap (was: swamp rat bots Q)

On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 13:15:50 -0600
"Martin McCormick" <martin.m@suddenlink.net> wrote:

> 	I found our old dial-up modem in a box of odds and ends 2
> years ago and wondered if it could read callerID tones sent after
> the first ring.  It can so I started on a perl program that
> initializes the modem for callerID and then compares the strings
> received with a pair of files, one of which is called scum and
> contains callerID name packets of folks we don't want to talk to.
> The other is called good and looks for names of friends or anyone
> else we like hearing from.  It is actually scanned first and
> causes the program to abort.

You wouldn't care to make this software available, would you?

Consider adding an option to send a fax tone instead. :-)

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/