Re: swamp rat bots Q

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020, Reco wrote:

	Hi.

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 08:39:42AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
But I asked specifically how to enable it for one bot, and I've asked
that question several times, getting smoke and mirror answers you all
assume are helpfull, but which are useless to a new user installing the
now 7 years old and long out of date package that in effect has no "how
it works" docs. I asked 3 questions in a previous day or so timeline,
and no one has actually attempted to actually answer even one of them.
Here is one line from that log: and that I just blocked:

coyote.coyote.den:80 192.99.6.226 - -
[04/Dec/2020:07:18:20 -0500] "GET /gene/toolshed/c3/build/win32/prep/?C=S;O=D
HTTP/1.1" 200 673 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MJ12bot/v1.4.8;
http://mj12bot.com/)"

Taken directly from the link.

Bot Type         Good crawler (always identifies itself)
IP Range         Distributed, Worldwide
Obeys Robots.txt *Yes*
Obeys Crawl Delay Yes
Data served at    Majestic.com

I kindly suggest to all debian-user members to reflect on this, and to
stop this pointless discussion.

Reco

many times i have needed help and it takes a while for all the suggestions to coalesce
i kindly suggest that your opinion is pointless