ctrl+shift has stopped working in the last 36 hours

I am running testing, which unattended updates keeps current daily.

Yesterday, I noticed that ctrl+shift combinations no longer work. ctrl+key works, and shift+key works, but ctrl+shift+key does not any more.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar, or have any tips on what to try? (Obviously, I have spent some time on internet searches, but none of the things I tried have worked)

Regards

Jeff

P.S. Please keep me in cc, as I am not subscribed.