Re: Some packages missing for latest zsh version on stretch security repo

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 6:14 PM Sylvain Faivre <sylvainfaivre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On a Debian Stretch server with the security repo enabled, I have an error today when trying to install zsh :
>        The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>         zsh : Depends: zsh-common (= 5.3.1-4) but 5.3.1-4+deb9u4 is to be installed
>
> This is caused by the security repo having only the zsh-common package in version 5.3.1-4+deb9u4, and missing the zsh package.
>
> This version was accepted today, as show in the following message :
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-lts-changes/2020/12/msg00004.html

[...]

For everyone's information, I got the following reply from Salvatore
(Debian Security team) :

> Note that stretch is not handled anymore by the Debian security team
> but instead by the dedicated LTS team.
>
> In fact though I can explain what the problem is: The upload for some
> binary builds needs manual intervention by the ftp-master team because
> zsh-static has a Build-Using on libcap2 which is not prsent in the
> security archive.
>
> I assume that Markus Koschany from LTS will accordingly handle this
> soon and the packages should then be available in the archive.
>
> Hope this helps,

And he was right : the zsh package was built and uploaded in the
latest hours, like he suggested.

Also, thank you Andrei for pointing me to the Debian LTS Team, this
might be useful for other requests.

Regards,
Sylvain