Re: Instructions for command line usage of WiFi.

	Hi.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 03:12:20PM -0800, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> > The kernel has no free RAM to queue a packet or that Tp-Link device
> > you're is using low-quality kernel module. Happens with Tp-Link, but
> > there's a bright side - it could've been Broadcom.
> >
> > Try increasing a value of vm.min_free_kbytes, it may help.
>
> Righto, thanks.
>
> The TP-Link TL-WN722N adapters were recommended here a few years back.
> If someone has better advice now, I'm interested.

This one works for me:

$ lspci  | grep Wireless
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 83)

It's a mini-PCI card, inserted in PCI-X adapter.

> Blue-sky idea.  FPGAs are routinely available.  Is anyone working on a
> FPGA wifi adapter?  That would eliminate the specs. mystery.

It would be illegal in US, and you have to thank FCC for that - [1].
Applies to WiFi cards too.

Reco

[1] https://hackaday.com/2016/02/26/fcc-locks-down-router-firmware/