Re: NTFS partitions can't be mounted

On 11/25/2020 4:34 AM, Kanito 73 wrote:
Hello

Al the previous issues I published are now solved. Relative to the RTL8821CE, I searched for a module rtl8821ce.ko but the generated module was just 8821ce.ko so when I loaded the only RTL* (rtl8821ae.ko) the right 8821ce.ko was already loaded and I thought it was the rtl8821ae activating my wifi. [SOLVED]

Now I have another BIG problem.  I installed both Windows10 (version OCTOBER 2020) and Debian 10.0.6 in dual boot and left a large NTFS partition for data on the primary disk (HDD) and the whole secondary disk (SDD) also as a unique NTFS partition.

Well, I installed Windows, then Installed Linux and tested the NTFS partitions from Linux (Debian) mounting and copying some files successfully. After rebooting with Windows those partitions were not accessible from Linux anymore. If they are mounted at boot time via /etc/fstab it silently mounts them as "ro" (read only) although from time to time they are mounted ocasionally as "rw" but as soon as I try to write or copy there they are turned to "ro". If I mount manually with the mount command, they are also mounted as "ro" showing a message indicating that the NTFS partition was unmounted uncleanly (and to fix with Windows) or that it is locked by windows to perform a check or installation of something or an update BUT THEY ARE CLEAN EMPTY PARTITIONS.

What can I do? At this moment I am formating the 700Gb HDD partition and just formated the 128Gb SDD from Windows with the full format (not quick format) to see if there is a physical error on the disks. The SDD was fully formated with no errors. The HDD partition currently at 80% has not showed errors... So I think that Windows 10 locks the partitions or something weird is going on.

Is "fastboot" disabled in Windows or in the bios?

--
John Doe