Re: Special Key Assignment?

The Wanderer writes:

On 2020-10-31 at 15:42, Thomas George wrote:

> I want to assign a unicode character to an unused key on my keyboard.
> For example F6 currently is assigned ~, name of my home directory. I
> would like to change it to ♠.

[...]

# xmodmap -e "keycode 71 = U2660"

[...]

(I haven't tried remapping this myself, as I don't know offhand how to
reverse it and I don't have a discardable test environment on hand, so I
can't testify as to whether these work for me.)

[...]

I just tried it in a VM and got the results The Wanderer suggested:

The following inputs ♠ upon pressing [F5]

	xmodmap -e "keycode 71 = U2660"

The following inputs ♠ upon pressing [F6]

	xmodmap -e "keycode 72 = U2660"

HTH
Linux-Fan