Re: Is there such a thing as a Debian blend for a MacBook Air 1,1 and/or Mac boxes in general? ...

 OK, I followed the instructions on Dan Ritter's link and everything
seems to be fine and dandy, but I used a windows computer with access
to the Internet to download and gpg test the downloaded data and used
Debian Live (running it from the DVD) to run "make" and "make install"
on the target computer (a MacBook Air 1,1). All the data was compited
onto "/lib/firmware/b43" as it should.

 However, I don't see the wireless card being activated (its LED
blinking) nor do I see the network-manager showing me any connections
and, of course, if I reboot that laptop I will lose those folders.
That Mac with a failing timer is able to maintain the date you reset
via hwclock (in their kind of BIOS) as long as you don't disconnect it
from the power cable, but, of course, not those directories.

 Is there a way to activate the network card without rebooting?

 Or, I guess what I need is some kind of: "knoppix 2"

 http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix-dvd/knoppix-cheatcodes.txt

 but with Debian. In order to:

 1) boot the first time and set the time via hwclock
 2) reboot into text mode do the b43 tinkering and then using init to
take it from there

 https://www.pks.mpg.de/~mueller/docs/suse10.2/html/opensuse-manual_en/manual/sec.boot.init.html

 Is there such a thing as an "init 2" cheat code in Debian?

 lbrtchx