De: "Markus Schönhaber" <debian-user@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Enviada: 2020/10/28 14:51:42
Para: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Assunto: Re: Qemu 9pfs sftp chrootdirectory option issue

28.10.20, 18:30 +0100 john doe:

> On 10/21/2020 11:02 PM, Markus Schönhaber wrote:

>>> Thank you for this.
>>>
>>> I can only do that if 'passthrough' is used, as I don't realy understand
>>> the implecations of running qemu as root, I was hoping to find a way
>>> with 'mapped'.
>>> 'mapped' requires that the directory on the host is set to the group and
>>> user used by qemu, 'libvirt-qemu in this case.
>>
>> I don't see the problem with chown'ing the 9pshare directory to the qemu
>> user in my example above.
>>

> Okay, following your instructions I can now connect using sftp but I can
> not access the content of the share:

No, you seemingly didn't follow what I said.

> $ ls -dl /srv/sftp/9p
> drwx------ 8 root root ... /srv/sftp/9p

Isn't "9p" supposed to be the share directory? If it is, why is it owned
by root and has these restrictive permissions?

Assuming
ChrootDirectory -> /srv/sftp -> make this root:root, drwxr-xr-x
share -> /srv/sftp/9p -> make this libvirt-qemu:libvirt-qemu, drwxr-xr-x

> $ sftp sftp9p
> Connected to sftp9p.
> sftp> ls
> remote readdir("/"): Permission denied

Of course. Guessing from what you wrote above, only root can even list
the directory's contents (or change into it, in the first place).

--
Regards
mks