Re: Bug Report? - T14 Microphone Issue - Possible Missing Kernel Config?

On Ma, 27 oct 20, 20:15:13, Jonathan wrote:
> Good Evening,
>
> I was attempting to get my microphone working on my T14 AMD as it is the
> only non-functioning piece I was aware of. Browsing possible solutions I was
> shown the following could fix the issue if added to the kernel config:
>
> CONFIG_SND_SOC_AMD_RENOIR=m
>
> CONFIG_SND_SOC_AMD_RENOIR_MACH=m
>

> I wasn't sure how to properly post a bug report or if this was even a bug. I
> apologize if this is an incorrect way to present this information.

Hello,

You should report this as a "bug" with severity: wishlist against the
source package 'linux', asking for those options to be enabled in the
Debian kernel.

Typically this is done with reportbug[1], though it's possible to do it
with a simple mail to submit@bugs.debian.org if you put right at the top
of the e-mail (the first two lines of your message) the following:

Source: linux
Severity: wishlist

See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=946260 for an
example.

[1] using reportbug with Source: linux may lead to including lots of
additional information about your system which is not really necessary
in this case.

Kind regards,
Andrei