Re: Replacement Email Client

On Sunday, 25 Oct 2020 at 10:36, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 07:19:28 +0200
> Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:
>> GNU Emacs mail clients "Gnus" and "Notmuch Emacs" automatically render
>> HTML mail nicely as plain text. User can can also open HTML and other
>> MIME parts in external viewer like web browser.
>>

> I can already view the text of HTML emails with Claws-Mail.  But I need
> to view the entire email: images, graphics, etc. and be able to interact
> with all the links, etc. and not just view them.  Want to get away from
> having to login to the mail account with a browser to do so.  So, EMACS
> won't work for me.

The emacs gnus HTML support is not just for viewing: you can interact as
well.  I do receive HTML emails, unfortunately, and can process most if
not all of them within Emacs.  But I've never received one with an
embedded form to submit (I wouldn't respond to such in any case).

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4 on Debian bullseye/sid