Re: The .xsession-errors problem

On Mon, 2020-10-26 at 18:35 +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> It seems that ~/.xsession-errors file can still grow to infinity in
> size. Sometimes it grows really fast. This is nothing new: we have all
> seen it and talked about it. What do you do to maintain this file?

Don't do anything here. The file is created fresh at each boot and is
30 lines long with the final line:

** Message: 19:36:19.712: main.vala:134: log path: /home/tixy/.cache/lxsession/LXDE/run.log

Looking at the file mentioned there it seems to have the normal
assortment or error messages and warnings, with the first entry being
from my latest boot/session login. It's 23k bytes in size.

I guess as I never hibernate my laptop and turn it off every day, it
never gets to an annoying size.

--
Tixy