Raid 1 borked

Hi folks,

So we're setting up a small server with a pair of 1 TB hard disks sectioned into 5x100GB Raid 1 partition pairs for data, with 400GB+ reserved for future uses on each disk.

I'm not sure what happened, we had the five pairs of disk partitions set up properly through the installer without problems. However, now the Raid 1 pairs are not mounted as separate partitions but do show up as subdirectories under /, ie /datab, and they do seem to work as part of the regular / filesystem. df -h does not show any md devices or sda/b devices, neither does mount. (The system partitions are on an nvme ssd).

lsblk reveals sda and sdb with sda[1-5] and sdb[1-5] but no md[0-5]. blkid reveals that sda[1-5] and sdb[1-5] are still listed as
TYPE="linux_raid_member".

So first of all I'd like to be able to diagnose what's going on. What commands should I use for that? And secondly, I'd like to get the raid arrays remounted as separate partitions. How to do that?

Fortunately, there is no data to worry about. However, I'd rather not reinstall as we've put in a bit of work installing and configuring things. I'd prefer not to loose that. Can someone help us out?

Thanks in advance,

	Bill
--
Sent using Icedove on Debian GNU/Linux.