Re: wrong from field with alpine

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, David Wright wrote:
On Wed 21 Oct 2020 at 20:25:06 (+0200), Roger Price wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, davidson wrote:
One thing you could try is go to config settings in alpine

Main menu >> Setup >> Config

search for the setting "Customized Headers", and set it to
something like this:

 Customized Headers   = From: Pierre Frenkiel <p.frenkiel@laposte.net>

Thanks, I've wondered for a long time how to do this.  Is it possible
to set a second customized header?  I tried to append Cc: ... but got
an error message.

Did you separate the headers with a comma?

If it's not that, perhaps explain "append" and disclose the error message.

http://alpine.x10host.com/alpine/alpine-info/misc/headers.html

The error message was the From: field in a new email:

 From    : Roger Price <roger@rogerprice.org>,
           UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@".SYNTAX-ERROR."

I had forgotten the comma.  With a comma I now get

 Customized Headers                  = From: Roger Price <roger@rogerprice.org>
                                       Cc: Roger Price <roger@rogerprice.org>

and the correct headers.

Roger