Re: Running HGST's DFT utility from a flash drive

> HGST provides an ISO meant for burning to CD, and an IMG meant for
> burning to floppy disk. I don't have writable CDs or a floppy drive, so
> I'm trying to get the software to run off a USB flash drive. I've tried
> so many different things and wasted so much time, but have still not
> succeeded:

Have you tried the simple trick of using `grub-imageboot`?
I.e. after installing the package, put the .iso file into
/boot/images and dong `update-grub`.

It's bit hit or miss for me (used it for Thinkpad BIOS upgrades), but
I always managed to make it work in the end (sometimes after cobbling
up my own .iso out of various other .iso, not knowing quite what I was
doing).

        Stefan