Re: SOLVED: Re: How to add an origin to unattended upgrades?

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 12:51:20 -0600
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 13:24:06 -0600
> Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
>
> > I have unattended upgrades running on a testbed laptop. I would like
> > to add an origin to the list, but I don't think I am getting the
> > entry quite right. The origin is for vivaldi, which has its own
> > repo outside the Debian repos.
>
> On further reflection, I looked at the sample entries for origins, and
> realized that the line for Debian Backports in the Archive or Suite
> section might be a better model to try. After commenting out my
> original effort, I added:

> //      "o=Debian Backports,a=${distro_codename}-backports,l=Debian
> Backports"; "o=Vivaldi Technologies,a=stable,l=Official Vivaldi
> package repository"; };
>
> This appears to work in a dry run:

This worked in a live run. Vivaldi was updated this morning.

The correct line, not mangled by my mail program, is:

//      "o=Debian Backports,a=${distro_codename}-backports,l=Debian Backports";
	"o=Vivaldi Technologies,a=stable,l=Official Vivaldi package repository";
};

Thanks to Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> for catching that.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?