Re: When I log in it just shows my username and the $~ I’m completely new

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 02:39:35AM +0200, Felmon Davis wrote:
> sounds to me you were trying to install and something went wrong...?

I don't see any problem.  This is the normal and expected behavior if
one installs a standard system (with no desktop environments).

Of course, I'm assuming that "my username and $~" is actually
"my username, hostname, and :~$", which is the default Debian bash
prompt.