Re: Regarding your case number 10724899 [ ref:_00D00hhzl._5004V11emZL:ref ]

On Friday 25 September 2020 12:43:16 Tom Dial wrote:

> On 9/25/20 00:51, john doe wrote:
> > On 9/25/2020 7:46 AM, David Christensen wrote:
> >> On 2020-09-24 15:43, discsupport@seagate.com wrote:
>
> ( omitted material )
>
> > Please stop polluting this list with your private stuff.
>
> I do not consider this thread pollution, for what that's worth. As an
> owner of a few Seagate disks and an almost exclusive user of Linux for
> more than 25 years, I find this frank and honest exchange interesting
> and informative, both technically and in what it says about Seagate's
> customer support quality and policy.

Neither do I, I find it quite informative that after almost 30 years of
the gpl's existence, that seagate is still violating it, obviously
intentionally. And its quite likely to be ignored until a suit has been
filed that requires their legal people to actually read that document to
see what the hell all the hulabaloo is all about. Without any known
exceptions that I am aware of, they will rectify that, before the courts
set the deck very low to mow their legal grass. The FSF may need our
financial support in that event.  Seagate has deep pockets.

> Regards,
> Tom Dial
>
> > --
> > John Doe