Re: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download

Le 25/09/2020 à 13:48, Stephen P. Molnar a écrit :
> I am running up-to-date Buster, unfortunately there seems to be a bit of
> a problem.
>
> Normally I run the update process several times a week with the command
> sudo apr update && sudo apt upgrade. This morning this resulted in the
> error
>
> The following partially installed packages will be configured:
>   brscan4
> No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> E: Can't find a source to download version '0.4.8-1' of 'brscan4:amd64'
> After unpacking 0 B will be used.
> E: Can't find a source to download version '0.4.8-1' of 'brscan4:amd64'
> E: Internal error: couldn't generate list of packages to download
> E: Perhaps the package lists are out of date, please try 'aptitude
> update' (or equivalent); otherwise some packages or versions are not
> available from the current repository sources
>
> I reinstalled the Brother printer drivers, apparently barscan4 was not
> included. I contgaced Brother tech support, but was told that they did
> not support Linux.
>
> I tried:
>
> sudo mv /var/lib/apt/lists /var/lib/apt/lists.old
> sudo apt-get clean
> sudo apt-get update
>
> This resulted in a long list of get: (ellipses)    followed by my user
> prompt. Unfortunately, update generated the same errors.
>
> At this point I don't have the faintest idea as to how to proceed.
> Pointers towards a solution to the problem will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Look like a package that is a dependency to barscan4 have been updated
to version that need barscan4 to be at least the version 0.4.8-1, but
barscan4 is not on the debian repositories. I think you have to download
it and install it manually.