Re: [SOLVED] Re: libvirt guest bridge configuration

On 9/20/20 7:01 AM, Lucio Crusca wrote:

Il 19/09/20 16:42, Fabien Roucaute ha scritto:
Need the output of 'systemctl status networking.service'

Using the console I could find the culprit: the datacenter uses ethernet switches that filter MAC addresses, so I had to set the virbr10 mac address to the same as eno1 interface. It now works with this configuration (those are not the real IP addresses):

iface eno1 inet manual

auto virbr10
iface virbr10 inet static
    bridge_ports eno1
    bridge_stp off
    bridge_fd 0
    bridge_waitport 0
    address 2.4.6.8
    netmask 255.255.255.224
    gateway 2.4.6.1
    post-up /usr/sbin/ip link set virbr10 address 0c:c4:7a:00:36:06

and similar configuration is in place in the guest for its virtio-emulated network interface card.

But there is no need to attach  physical interface just for a host and guest network.

"bridge_ports none" should set a bridge without physical attachment and you get a interface for host and guest networking.

--
Lucas Castro