Re: Two questions about LUKS in a file container

On Sat 19 Sep 2020 at 14:09:07 (-0700), David Christensen wrote:
> On 2020-09-19 07:57, David Wright wrote:
> > The fuse documentation is so fragmentary, scattered and sparse that
> > I haven't really got a good feel for what is is or how it works.
> > I'm always thinking that I've missed some option or other that allows
> > it to work as I expected it to.
>
> 2020-09-19 14:04:40 dpchrist@tinkywinky ~
> $ apt-cache search fuse | grep FAT
> exfat-fuse - read and write exFAT driver for FUSE
> fusefat - File System in User Space - Module for FAT
> umview-mod-umfusefat - View-OS in user space - FAT module for UMFUSE
>
> Have you tried exfat-fuse or fusefat?

I think exfat-fuse is what I am using, and fusefat appears to consider
rw as experimental, from what I have read.

On Mon 21 Sep 2020 at 08:53:00 (+0300), Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Sb, 19 sep 20, 09:57:37, David Wright wrote:
> >
> > Do you know if fuse exFAT is a stopgap, and support in the kernel is
> > eventually coming, or was a fuse implementation necessarily chosen
> > to support exFAT on account of some particular problem. It seems odd
> > that pmount, for example, doesn't support exFAT (which would seem
> > a prime candidate).
>
> https://fossbytes.com/linux-5-7-microsofts-exfat-driver-code/

Thanks. In which case, I think I'll pause on doing anything about
exFAT in the immediate future. Currently I max out at 32GB on SD
cards; anything larger is either USB or spinning rust. (Also, as
I write this, my SO is getting ubuntu installed as a VM on her
Windows machine.)

Cheers,
David.