Re: Linphone contacts.

> peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>
> > In Debian 10, linphone contacts are likely
> > stored in  ~/.linphone-friends.db.
> >
> > Documentation that I've found doesn't explain.
> >
> > Can some other application extract the contacts as plain text?
> >
> > SQlite?

Start by using file(1) to see what kind of data might be in the file.

For example:

unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ file cert8.db
cert8.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ file permissions.sqlite
permissions.sqlite: SQLite 3.x database, user version 10, last written using SQLite version 3028000

If file(1) claims that it's an SQLite database, then you can use the
sqlite3 package to probe it from a shell, or use your favorite programming
language's sqlite3 bindings to open it up.

unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ sqlite3 permissions.sqlite .schema
Error: database is locked
unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ cp permissions.sqlite ~/x
unicorn:~/.mozilla/firefox/0uik3i3z.default$ sqlite3 ~/x .schema
CREATE TABLE moz_hosts ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,host TEXT,type TEXT,permission INTEGER,expireType INTEGER,expireTime INTEGER,appId INTEGER,isInBrowserElement INTEGER, modificationTime INTEGER);
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "moz_perms" ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,origin TEXT,type TEXT,permission INTEGER,expireType INTEGER,expireTime INTEGER,modificationTime INTEGER);

And so on.  If file(1) claims that it's someting else, like a Berkeley DB,
then you'd need to use different tools.