Re: Offline systems

On Lu, 21 sep 20, 08:04:58, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >These are up to 70
> > real, physical servers and not VMs? You might want to look at automated
> > ways to deploy and build that many servers.
>
> All 70 will be physical. I think about making 1 single server then using
> hdclone or acronis to make copy of it to the rest. Then write a small bash
> script for the onsite tech to change IP. Better ideas ? :-)

There's also ssh keys, partition UUIDs and other things that should be
changed and/or regenerated.

FAI[1] was explicitly designed for your use case.

To manage the servers after installation you might want something like
puppet, ansible, chef, salt, etc.

[1] https://fai-project.org

Kind regards,
Andrei